As an Amazon seller, optimizing your Amazon product listings to attract customers and Amazon ranking can make all the difference to your success. But how do you ensure that your Amazon product listing will look more attractive to buyers compared to your competitors? There are five key areas you should pay close attention to in your Amazon product listing to effectively compete with the other established listings on page.
One of the best places to start to optimize your listing is with the title itself, which often acts as your first impression. A well-optimized product title makes it easier for shoppers to understand what they’re searching for. Strategically-written product titles can also have a positive impact on the positioning of your products in search results. Here are five tips you can use right away:
- Include more words in your title – Most categories on Amazon allow you to enter between 200-250 characters (spaces included) in your title.
- Use relevant keywords – Use tools like Jungle Scout to identify keywords that you should be including in your titles in order to influence your search rankings and drive more sales.
- Include descriptive product details – Amazon has a number of recommendations and guidelines for how to describe a product in the title.
- Illustrate product benefits – Take the opportunity to help your prospective customers understand what they’ll get when they buy your product.
- Put important information first – Make sure you’re starting with the most important information first, then add other indicators that help shoppers better understand what makes your product unique or different.
Learn how to write a great title here.
The purpose of your product description is to provide shoppers with greater details and specifics about your product, and to help people better understand the main benefits of buying and using your product.
- Use the right keywords – Like titles, product descriptions should also leverage keywords in order to influence search results on both Amazon and Google.
- Make it scannable – Make your product descriptions more readable by using bullets, spacing, bold text, and sentences and paragraphs that vary in length.
- Focus on benefits and features – Provide a good balance between technical information that shoppers need in order to effectively evaluate your product and benefit statements that will ultimately resonate with them on a personal or emotional level and drive them to take action.
- Guarantees – You should mention guarantees and refunds inside your listing at the bottom anyway mainly because you have to provide refunds to your customers anyway, so may as well remind them they have this option.
- Call to action – Remember to actually have a call to action in your description.
If you want to convince people to buy from you, you have to build trust with them beyond to help them imagine what it would be like. That’s why you should go about optimizing product images to drive more sales. Here are a few tips:
- Upload as many images as allowed – Amazon allows you to upload 9 images, 7 of which will be displayed on your listing. The remaining 2 images are viewable when shoppers click into the photo gallery of your product page.
- Show your product from different angles – Help your prospective customers feel more comfortable and confident about their decision to buy your product.
- Use high-quality images – High-quality photos add a sense of legitimacy to your business and can build additional trust with your prospective customers.
- Give shoppers an idea of perspective – Add photos that help shoppers understand how big your products are in comparison to their bodies, hands, or other well-known everyday objects that they’re familiar with.
For more product image guidelines from Amazon, explore this page.
Your review section is another area you can optimize to drive more sales on Amazon. To be clear, you cannot incentivize people to leave positive reviews on your products—that’s not the type of optimization or hack we’re referring to. There are, however, things you can do to get more people to leave objective, thoughtful, and authentic reviews on your products. Here are a few tips for driving your customers to leave more high-quality reviews on your product pages:
Provide amazing customer service – the best thing you can to drive better and more reviews for your products is to simply commit to providing amazing customer service at every stage of the buying journey. That means communicating with customers about their orders, responding to negative reviews when/if they pop up.
Competitive Marketplace Price
Setting a price for your Amazon product listing at launch can be difficult for some sellers, as they may be unsure of which number to settle on. Customers tend to be attracted to the lower price of some products, but at times may be willing to pay more if the reviews and/or perceived value of your product are superior to others.
However, if you see your competitors setting their prices within a certain price range, you may want to consider pricing your product within that range as well.
With the right tools, information, strategies and best practices you can craft the ideal listing, create an effective launch strategy, analyze the listings and continue to make improvements. Selling on Amazon requires keen attention to detail, a solid understanding of the platform and willingness to adapt as changes are made. Try to pay attention to 5 factors above, you can place your listing on the path to leverage these to achieve their goals.
You may also like: